To increase efficiency in utilization of natural resources including energy and reduce human drudgery, farm implements have been invented to enchance on-farm productivity. Taking cue, a number of manufactures are involved in the fabrication of agricultural implements in the region However, their competence in the field can be assessed and appraised of only through precise, methodical and technical testing and evaluation for prototype development for mass scale production and utilization. further, certification of the same for validation and authentication is also a must for commercilization. With this is view, under Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana a FIMTTC was sanctioned to the university in 2011. The establishment of this center at Bikaner improved the quality of manufacturing as per the standards of Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS). The center also awarded ISO90001:2015 certification in the year 2016.
- Check material specifications, durability and reliability of the farm equipments.
- Assess the functional perfromance such as quality, output and energy/power requirement of the farm equipments.
- Maintain the quality of farm machinery being subsidized by the goverment.
- Suggest modifications and improvements on the basis of test results for better performance, ease in handling and adjustment and on the basis of feedback from farmers.
- Provide guidelines to engineers and extension workers for guiding farmers and other purchasers in the proper selection of equipments.
- Impart training on different types of farm equipments to farmers, small scale manufacturers and extension workers.
- Help farmers in determining the comparative performance of farm machinery available in the market.